Bursaries are here to help Walsall College students who may be experiencing financial hardship to complete their course. Funds are awarded to students to help them cover the essential costs of attending College, such as transport and equipment, where no other financial support is available.
How do I apply?
• Check that you meet the eligibility criteria
• Apply online at https://walsall.paymystudent.com/portal
• Complete the application form online ensuring all questions are answered and the Student Declaration is completed with an Online Signature at the end of the application
• Attach the evidence to your application – this can be scanned in and attached if you have a scanner or be uploaded as a photograph from a mobile device. We will need to see all pages of any evidence provided.
• Without all the evidence, the Admissions and Finance Team will be unable to assess your eligibility for the Bursary.
What happens next?
Fully completed forms, with all the supporting evidence and bank details attached, will normally be processed within 10 working days. You will receive an award notification letter informing you of your award from the Bursary Fund and how this will be provided. Please keep this for future reference.
No awards will be made to you until you are fully enrolled on your course.
If your application is not successful, you will be notified by letter. You will then need to decide if you are able to enrol to your course without financial support from the Fund.
Please note: We will correspond with you via email in the first instance, and will then follow up with a letter. Please ensure you provide us with a valid email address when enrolling so we are able to contact you.